James Places is a dynamic and vibrant growing company with venues based in the Ribble Valley and beyond with The Royal Hotel, The Shireburn Arms, The Emporium, Eaves Hall, Mitton Hall, The Waddington Arms, Holmes Mill and Falcon Manor , all part of the group. So if you are looking for a new challenge, or just fancy a change, James Places has a lot to offer.
- We have passion for what we do – We demonstrate this through the quality of our people, food, service and buildings
- We deliver extraordinary experiences – We do this by having an eye for detail, delighting the guest, working as a team, making this happen!
- We are evolving and embrace change – Develop and grow as individuals, as part of a team and as a business. We will do this through creativity, reward & recognition
- We promise to be genuine, unstuffy and welcoming – Respect your colleagues and the customers, be cheerful, be positive, be friendly, be enthusiastic, be honest & be truthful
Reporting to the Bar Manager/Duty Manager, you will be responsible for serving customers using a friendly, efficient and professional manner whilst showing confident product knowledge and good communication skill in order to ensure we deliver on our Company values and the guests receive an extraordinary experience every time.
- Ensuring the James’ Places values are adhered to.
- Being punctual at all times, wearing the correct uniform and maintaining a high standard of personal appearance.
- Preparing the bar for service and maintaining high levels of cleanliness throughout shifts, whilst following standard operating procedures with regards to drinks preparation, bar set-up and close down procedures, service procedures and behaviours
- Ensuring the mis-en-place is always fully stocked.
- Greeting all customers using a positive and courteous approach.
- Being helpful and accommodating, fulfilling all reasonable requests from customers, to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety, by following the correct points of service.
- Ensuring drink orders are correctly taken, processed, recorded and efficiently delivered.
- Using the correct condiments, equipment and glassware to ensure full customer satisfaction.
- Having strong product knowledge to allow confidence in up selling and recommendations thereby maximising sale opportunities by offering our full range of spirits/wines.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with all team members.
- Assisting team members to balance workload and prioritising tasks.
- Working unsupervised in a busy environment, demonstrating confidence and self-motivation.
- Carrying out instructions given by your Head of Department and the Management Team.
- Welcoming and embracing change, with a positive attitude, delivering excellent customer service at all times.
- Completing daily tasks as assigned.
- Assisting with displays, stock, light bulbs, cleanliness, bar/tables polished, fridges/displays stocked, resources stocked and comfortable fire/heating temperature maintained, taking proactive action in each instance.
- Maintaining standards of performance and quality of service required by the Company.
- Respecting the working environment whilst showing flair, personality and enjoyment of your job.
- Attending Company training sessions, maintaining personal knowledge and utilising new skills within service.
- Observing the rules and standards of the Company, such as the Company’s fire plan, COSHH, Health and Safety Policy along with all other Company Policies and Procedures as demonstrated in the Company Handbook.
- Referring tasks/issues arise outside of your control, to higher authority/the relevant manager or department.
- Complying with all Licensing laws including weights and measures.
- Following Company procedures with regards to ID – No proof no sale.
- Refusing sale of over-intoxicated customers and to inform management where issues begin to arise.
- Monitoring stock and highlighting issues to Bar Manager and being aware of rights to refuse/ return products.
- Assisting with effective cellar management.
Previous experience is desirable but not essential
- Team players.
- Customer centric.
- Friendly yet professional.
- Able to handle multiple differing priorities effectively.
- Enjoys working in a busy environment.
- High level of attention to detail.
Job descriptions are not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake duties which are broadly in line with the above responsibilities.
Salary on Offer – Start at National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage
[Full/Part time] [permanent/temporary position], working [weekends and evenings] across [Monday to Sunday].
Benefits – 28 days holiday [including Bank Holidays; to be pro-rata’d where part time], staff discount card, uniform, meals on duty.